3088 GJ Rotterdam
Apply for this examapplications
OPITO CA-EBS (5902)
The OPITO CA-EBS training course (OPITO code 5902) is intended for personnel travelling by helicopter to and from offshore installations/vessels. This system will be provided to these personnel for use in the event of an emergency situation such as an emergency landing on water. The Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System is in many places the replacement for the older EBS systems (Emergency Breathing System, also known as airpockets), where breathing air was collected from the user and used multiple times to extend the time of escape.
The objectives of this training are that you will gain the necessary knowledge and understanding of the risks and characteristics of a Compressed (compressed) Air Emergency Breathing System and - when the need arises - use the system correctly in practice.
To successfully complete this training you must be able to explain the following:
- The fundamental differences between a re-breather system and a compressed air system.
- The rationale and use of compressed air ventilation systems during helicopter emergencies.
- The risks of compressed air ventilation systems.
To successfully complete this course you must be able to demonstrate the following:
- A pre-flight inspection of the life jacket and CA-EBS.
- Putting on the life jacket and CA-EBS correctly and performing a 'buddy check'.
- The use of the CA-EBS during a simulated emergency situation in the 'dry' environment.
After a positive result, you will receive the OPITO Compressed Air Emergency Breathing System (CA-EBS) Initial Deployment Training certificate (OPITO Standard 5902).
This training is intended for people who have not obtained this certificate before.
The training does not require repeating.
The training is given in English. On request or if only Dutch-speaking students participate, the instruction can be given in Dutch.
For other languages, please contact us for a tailor made offer.
Valid BOSIET/FOET/HUET or T-BOSIET/T-FOET/T-HUET certificate
Valid identification (passport, identity card or driving licence)
- Digital certificate as proof of completion. A paper certificate is sent by not sent by default. If desired, you can receive a paper OPITO certificate for an additional charge of €15, - excluding VAT. Read our blog article for more information.
- Coffee and tea
- OPITO registration fees