- General basic concepts of hoisting, moving and guiding loads
- Legislation relating to the lifting, moving and guiding of loads
- Specific safety rules for the safe hoisting, moving and guiding of loads
- Safe application of lifting equipment and lifting gear
- Different methods of communication between crane operator and rigging operator
- Checks required prior to use of radios
- Method of assessing different types of charges
- Proper preparation required for lifting operations
- Safe use of lifting equipment and lifting gear
- Striking loads safely
- Controlling the movement of a load through correct communication and the use of steering lines
- Moving a load in accordance with the instructions in a lifting plan
- Communicating with the crane driver and other colleagues
The exam consists of a theoretical test (via computer) and a practical exam.
Upon successful completion, you will receive the SSVV Training Guide (SOG) certificate Appointing and Supervising Loads (ABvL) and Moving Loads with Hand Tools (VVL-H).