UPDATE: STAP budget is coming to an end!
On June 6, 2023, the Ministers of Social Affairs and the Minister of Education announced the decision that the STAP scheme will be tightened from then on. This means that a smaller budget will be made available for the STAP subsidy for the rest of 2023. Only OCW-recognized programs will have an eligible educational offer from now on. This means that as of June 6, 2023, you can no longer apply for a STAP subsidy for a safety training course booked with DELTA Safety Training. We will of course be happy to continue to provide safety training for you with the quality you have come to expect from us! Stay safe!
STAP budget: 1000 euros training budget for everyone every year
Your own training budget of 1,000 euros (incl. VAT) per year. All for nothing. Since 1 March 2022, this is available to (almost) everyone who is allowed to work in the Netherlands. The STAP budget is a new national government subsidy that you can easily apply for yourself, without involving your employer, to follow an education, course or training. DELTA Safety Training is a recognised training institute where you can spend the STAP budget. The costs of extra training will therefore no longer be an obstacle for anyone.
STAP stands for STimulering ArbeidsmarktPositie (stimulation of labour market position). This new government regulation makes it easier for everyone to follow an education, course or training that contributes to improving their position on the labour market. The STAP budget replaces the deduction of study costs via the income tax. For many people, this kind of allowance for training costs proved to be a bridge too far.
Take control of your own career
With the STAP budget, the government gives employees and jobseekers more control over their own careers. A specific training course can be very important for keeping your job or taking the next step in your career. Financial thresholds should not be a reason to forego this. The STAP arrangement prevents this and makes (additional) training feasible for everyone.
In 2022, around EUR 160 million will be available, which means for at least 160,000 people. In 2023, this budget will rise to EUR 200 million.
Use STEP budget very easily
The government has made applying for a STAP budget as easy as possible. If you wish to follow one of the many available safety training courses at DELTA Safety Training with your STAP budget, then you only need to do a few things as a prospective course participant. Please note: you must apply for the STAP budget yourself via DigiD. Your employer or we as training provider cannot do that for you. Applying works as follows:
- Register via our website for the specific training you have in mind and indicate in the comments field that you want to use your STAP budget;
- We will confirm your registration and send you a digital STAP registration certificate;
- Then log on to the UWV STAP portal. Here you apply for your STAP budget for the selected training course. You must also upload the STAP registration certificate you received from us;
- After four weeks, the UVW will let you know whether the application has been approved;
- If so, the UWV pays the requested STAP budget directly to us. As an applicant, you do not have to worry about this yourself. You can start the training on the planned date.
- Finally, we also ensure that after the training, the UWV receives proof of your participation.
For training courses that cost less than 1000 euro (including VAT) - as is often the case with DELTA Safety Training - you pay nothing yourself. Exceptions are extra textbooks or study material. If the training is more expensive than 1000 euro, then you only pay the difference yourself. Once a year, everyone can apply to the UWV for training from the STAP budget. This means that if you apply for a training course of 500 euros including VAT in one year, you cannot apply again in that year for another training course of, for example, 400 or 500 euros.
Note! The UWV divides the government funds available for the STAP budget through the year into six 2-month periods. Every 2 months a new application period STAP budget starts. Have you run out of budget now? Then try again in a subsequent application period. The next opportunity you can apply for STAP budget is Monday, September 4, 2023 starting at 10:00 am.
- 1 March 2022 to 1 May 2022 (closed, no more grants available)
- 2 May 2022 to 30 June 2022 (closed, no more grants available)
- 1 July 2022 to 31 August 2022 (closed, no more grant available)
- September 1, 2022 through October 31, 2022 (closed, no more grant available)
- November 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022 (closed, no more grant available)
- Application period January 2023 expires!
Feb. 28, 2023March 17, 2023 to April 30, 2023 (closed, no more grants available)
- May 1, 2023 to July 2, 2023 (closed, no more grant available)
- July 3, 2023 to September 3, 2023 (closed, no more grant available)
- Sept. 4, 2023 to Oct. 31, 2023 (training start date may be no later than Jan. 31, 2024)
- November 1, 2023 to December 31, 2023 (training start date may be no later than March 31, 2024)
During the first rounds, the budget was fully used within a few hours and even breakdowns occurred. So be quick on September 4. Run out is run out! Also read more about the situation during the first round on the UWV site here.
An important note is that a training can start no earlier than one month and no later than 3 months after the end date of the application period. Thus, if you apply for the grant on Aug. 15, the training should start no later than Nov. 31, 2023.
DELTA Safety Training recognised training institute
The use of the STAP budget is also subject to a few conditions. Training courses must always be aimed at strengthening your position on the labour market. To put it bluntly: a course in hobby flower arranging for someone who works in the petrochemical industry is not part of this. Moreover, the training must take place at a recognised training institute, such as DELTA Safety Training. Virtually all safety training courses we offer are eligible for use of the STAP budget. Make your choice quickly.
More details about the conditions for using the STAP budget can be found on the STAP portal of the UWV.